Terms of Service
Effective date: 12th October 2015
These Terms of Service govern your use of the JournoRequests.com (“JournoRequests”, “JR”, “us”) website and services (“the Service”).
JournoRequests connects media requests (“Requests”) from journalists, bloggers and others, with subscribers.
There are two types of membership with JournoRequests:
a) Contributor Member, defined as a member who uses the service to distribute their media requests. JournoRequests reserves the right to reject or deny any submitted Requests.
b) Subscriber Member, defined as a member who is able to provide information in response to a media request. To become a subscriber member, fill out the membership application located at https://www.journorequests.com. A Subscriber Member can choose to pay for additional features, including but not limited to, instant request alerts (“Paid Services”).
3. Trademark and Copyright
4. Use of Service
4.1. General Use. Contributor Members can submit queries via Twitter.
Subscriber Members can access the service by registering on the page https://www.journorequests.com. Upon registering, Subscriber Members will receive emails with requests submitted by Contributor Members. The Subscriber Member may respond with information that, in good faith, may assist the request. The Subscriber Member may not utilise any information contained within the request for any other purpose.
4.2. Impermissible Uses. By using the Service, you understand that you may not:
- modify, adapt, hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely claim or imply that is associated with the Service, JournoRequests.com or any other JournoRequests.com service.
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion (including, but not limited to, the contents of the JournoRequests email or other notification, the look and feel of the JournoRequests.com website or email, the contents of the web pages of the Service or access the service without express written permission of JournoRequests.com.
- forward or copy any part of JournoRequests emails and notifications to any third parties including, but not limited to, news agencies, public relations companies, freelancers, news reporters, competing services.
- transmit worms, viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- plagiarise, violate, or infringe trademark, copyright, patent or any other rights of the Service and JournoRequests.com.
- engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any products or services.
- post or transmit to other members, Us, our employees, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually orientated, threatening, harassing, racially offensive or illegal material or any other material that infringes or violates another party’s rights (including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights).
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- falsely state, impersonate or misrepresent your identify, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications or your affiliations with a person or entity past or present.
- as a Subscriber Member, use the information received from the Service to contact Contributor Members for any reason other than to specifically respond with relevant information to Requests.
4.3. Acceptable Use. By using the Service, you warrant that:
- you are a current Contributor Member or Subscriber Member.
- you are human (bots, spiders or other automated methods are not permitted).
- you will use the Service in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
- you have all rights, title, and interests necessary to provide content to JournoRequests and that your provision of the content to JournoRequests shall not infringe any third party’s proprietary or personal rights, including but not limited to any trademark, copyright, patent or trade secret.
- you agree that JournoRequests has no liability for the deletion, corruption or failure to post, store, forward any messages or any other content, including without limitation, Requests materials transmitted or maintained by the Service.
- you agree that JournoRequests has no liability for forwarding, posting or storing Requests in a timely manner.
4.4. Monitoring. Due to the nature of the Service, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact us to inform us of content that you find objectionable. We may investigate complaints and violations of our policies and take any action that we deem acceptable, including, but not limited to, issuing warnings, removing content or terminating accounts. We reserve the right to take no action, as situations and interpretations may vary. Under no circumstances shall we be liable in any way for any content, including but not limited to, errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to or denial of access to any content as part of the Service.
4.5. Member Responsibilities. You agree that you:
- are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login and membership details and your use of the Service and are fully responsible for all activities that occur and content posted, under your account with or without your knowledge.
- will not share your login with anyone else.
- will not share confidential or privileged information received from the Service with any third parties.
- understand that you are solely responsible for the content or information you transmit to other members.
- understand that your content may be transferred over various networks in an unencrypted manner.
- understand that JournoRequests cannot guarantee the identity of any users with whom you may interact with or the authenticity of any data which users may provide in the course of using the Service.
- consent to receive communications from JournoRequests, including but not limited to, emails. If at any time you wish to stop receiving communications, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Additional Terms of Service
5.1. You are granted a nonexclusive, non-concurrent, non-transferrable, limited right to access the Service. Your responsibility extends to all activity and use under any member account information (e.g. email) that you use. You may use the Service functionality only via JournoRequests.com and you may not download, copy, reuse or distribute that functionality.
5.2. JournoRequests reserves the right to monitor use of the Service to ensure compliance with these Terms of Service. JournoRequests reserves to take appropriate action including, but not limited to, suspension or cancellation of your account, if we determine that you are in breach of this Agreement.
5.3. As a Contributor Member, you hereby grant JournoRequests a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, [royalty-free license to use, copy or revise any content that you post to the Service, including but not limited to any Requests to be distributed via the Service.
5.4. You agree to immediately notify JournoRequests of any unauthorised use of the Service or any other breach of security.
6. Fees and Payments
6.1. All amounts by JournoRequests, where applicable, will be billed in British Pounds (GBP), unless otherwise agreed with Us.
6.2. Charges for access to Paid Services are billed monthly in advance, unless otherwise stated by Us. If you miss a payment, JournoRequests reserves the right to limit your access to the Service and Paid Services, including but not limited to, removal of the ability to receive instant alerts on new Requests and termination of your account.
6.3. Cancellations of Paid Services before the end of the month will take place after the current monthly billing period, at which time your access will be terminated.
6.4 You agree to provide JournoRequests with up-to-date and accurate billing information.
JournoRequests may suspend or terminate your account at any time at its discretion. JournoRequests reserves the right to suspend your access to the Service, without liability to you. In addition, JournoRequests reserves the right to publicise the identity of any misuser of JournoRequests as defined by a breach of these Terms of Service to all users of the Service.
9. Limitations of Liability
9.1. The Service is provided “as is” and “as available”. You understand that JournoRequests may use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and related technology to run the Service.
9.2. JournoRequests does not warrant that i) the Service will meet your specific requirements; ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable; iv) the quality of information, or other material obtained by you through this Service will meet your expectations; (v) that all queries submitted by Contributor Members will be posted and/or be posted in a timely manner; (vi) that all responses to Requests posted anonymously will be timely and fully forwarded to the Contributor Member; and, (vii) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
9.3. Due to the number of sources from which information on the Service is obtained, and the inherent hazards of electronic distribution and the Internet, there may be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in obtaining or accessing such information and the Service. JournoRequests disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information accessed through the Service. JournoRequests disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, mis-delivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material.
You agree to hold harmless JournoRequests, its employees, affiliates against all claims, losses, damages that may incur with i) your use of the Service including but not limited to, any material downloaded or otherwise obtained using the Service; ii) your violations with this agreement; iii) content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise communicate; iv) your violations of any other rights including but not limited to another’s copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property right.
11.1. These Terms of Service constitute an entire agreement between JournoRequests and its members. JournoRequests reserves the right to modify the Terms Of Service at any time, and will post a notice of this update on its website at www.journorequests.com/tos. JournoRequests may change or discontinue any part of this Service, without notice, at any time at its sole discretion.